Mostly though the ideas never get realised and the problems persist. We just get used to it being not right and put up with it. Why is that?
There are quite a few reasons why these challenges are not tackled.
- People come up with ideas but there is no mechanism to convert the idea. No mechanism to share it, connect with others who might share the passion, and then go on to implement the ideas.
- It all seems so difficult. I'm only one person, what can I do alone? Who is going to help me?
- We focus on the reasons why things can't be done, not innovating solutions and alternatives with the resources that we do have.
- Distrusted as those in suits from the 'other side' by many
- Guessing what the problems are very often, as their knowledge and connections are limited
- Unconnected from the people effected and unaided by those who know what is needed i.e. those on the ground in the community.
- Limited and decreasing finances to provide anywhere near what is really needed, only desperate undertakings being considered seriously.